An inspirational nugget from "guitar guy"
I was leaving work tonight...kind of late...
trying desperately to get everything done so I can leave for a work trip tomorrow morning.
I was tired.
Happy (because I really am happy right now), but tired.
The kind of tired where you almost can't breathe when you look at your list of things to do (or worse, realize you don't have a list because there's just so much to do!).
The kind of tired where you just don't know how you can do it all.
As I was walking to my car a rather "interesting" (i.e. a little scary) guy was carrying his guitar (and most of his life's possessions, I assume) walking along side of me.
I was too tired to even be nervous.
Said the guy,not really to me, kind of just to the universe, (and I quote), "I can't do it. I can't carry the cross. Hell, I can barely carry my guitar. Only Jesus can carry the cross. I can't do it. I can barely carry this."
Amen, brother.
Amen.
"And whosoever doth not bear his cross,
and come after me,
cannot be my disciple."
Luke 14:27

3 comments:
Amen!!
absolutely... and might I add from his mouth to God's ears.
How DO you get all these quotable experiences?!? You must really be in the right place. Good for you.
Post a Comment