datestampThursday, May 8, 2008

Okay, now THAT was fun

(NOTE AS OF 5/12: Server problem at KSL. They replayed the show from 5/4 on 5/11. I think the "fact Gods" were just trying to save me from myself. I'm sure I said things that someone could totally prove wrong on a simple "fact check" on google or something. At any rate, the show didn't play and we're not sure when it will. Sorry for the hassle. That will be the last time I tell people to "listen in".)

So, I was asked to fill in kind of last minute for a little radio show being taped this morning. It's called "A Woman's View" and runs at 10:00 a.m. (MST) on Sundays, after the Mormon Taberacle Choir Music & the Spoken Word.

When you do something called Time Out for Women for a living, people think you might know something about women...

Amanda Dickson is the host. Enid Greene (you native Utahans will remember her from the 90's scandal...I never really knew much then but she is VERY cool. I really liked her.)was also a guest. It was so great because I wasn't there to pitch product for Deseret Book (which is what I've always done whenever I've been on the radio...and those are the ones I never want people to listen to). I was just there to share my POV on things. We talked a little about Time Out for Women, but mostly just talked...got into some politics, oil prices, the new (and disturbing) video game "Grand Theft Auto"...I even got to do a little "shout out" to my mom for Mother's Day.

I seriously loved it.
Give this girl a mic and a chance to talk about current events and I am good to go. I'm quite certain I occasionally said things I don't really know anything about (thank you, dad...learned that from you...) but I couldn't help myself!

So, if you want to hear, check it out. You can go to the website and listen live (or if you live in UT, turn on your radio) this Sunday morning. Might be mildly entertaining.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll be in arizona where my mother only has dial up connection. will you send it to me somehow??

Elaine said...

Can't wait to hear it! I love a lively discussion and I am absolutely certain this will be one. I love that you had such a good time.

Anonymous said...

Can not wait to hear the program. I will end my sunday school lesson 15 minutes early so I can hear. Besides, I resent the implication you learned something from me that was not uplifting and positive. All knowledge that I share is positive. Do you expect it to be true, also?

Anonymous said...

I'm all ears the 11th!

Anonymous said...

Wow how cool...can we still be friends? Congratulations...I'll be listening via website...You know we don't have some of the LDS things in Spokane, not even a Deseret Book. (I know I am a nag.) Arlene

jdiggity said...

Ummmm....excuse me - who is that total hottie in the profile picture? :) Stunning sister! Absolutely stunning! We totally need to play sometime, unless now that you are so famous you don't have time for people like me - you know - people who drive college cars and live in townhouses:)

Marthea said...

Hey Hon. I tried to listen on Sunday but it was the the program listed for May 4th. Did I do something wrong. Did you listen or did anyone else get it? Will it maybe be on this Sunday the 18th? Hope I can still here it. Love Ya

BEARING WITNESS OF CHRIST said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out but I sure hope it's NOT the last time you tell anyone to listen!! I hope we can hear it sometime and PLEASE let us know when that time is!!!!