My godmother blessing
I don't have a Godmother.
But, I am one.
I think I fall under the "non-religious" definition...just so you know. I think they really just wanted someone to start a college fund for Lilly.
Lilly (check out this picture of her taking after her mom's love of Girl Scout cookies) is the first child to be born to Tam, one of my very bestest friends in the whole wide world. I was there when Lilly was born. I was THERE. I saw it. I cried. It was amazing. And I have a connection to this little chiquita because she was born last May. And the actual day of her birth was one of the hardest days of my life, personally. It was like God took one thing away and gave me another. He gave me Lilly.
Lilly is one of my sweetest little blessings.
And tonight I'm playing godmother.
Tam & Jim have taken Kirsten to get an MRI.
And I am here to be with Lilly.
Because that's what godmothers do (that Tam was SMART!)
Tam (on the right) & Jim (on the left...and the thing I love most about him is that he won't at all care I posted this picture) got married almost 2 years ago. Tam and I have known each other since high school. Our stories are too good to "readers digest version" them in this paragraph. Suffice it to say, we've had stories.
But, no story better than Tam marrying Jim, who I love SO much. And watching Tam take on the role of "mom" to his two daughters, after his first wife passed away? THAT has been amazing to watch. Even more amazing to witness, is Tam's "mother heart" for these two girls. Read her most recent post to fully appreciate what I mean.
Jim coming into Tam's life, and therefore mine, is another of my sweetest blessings.
And someday I'll tell the story of the unbelievable faith of Jim Hall, who lost his wife, his dad and his job, all in the same year. The guy is rock-solid good and is so dang great. He and Tam make an amazing pair.
And thanks to Jim loving Tam and Tam loving me, I get to love Lilly.
I get to be a godmother.
What a blessing!

2 comments:
This post makes me love Tam and Jim and Lilly and the two other girls... and I've never met them (and most likely never will.)
What a sweet and tender post! You do such a good job speaking to your readers' hearts.
Another witness of God's love for all of his children! Can we doubt? Not I.
Post a Comment