datestampWednesday, May 14, 2008

Important warning (mostly for you, Dad)

I have turned off the "approval" mode for comments.
I don't know why I had it set to begin with.
It is a little annoying, don't you think?
Like what you have to say isn't worthy of being posted until I approve it?
Who do I think I am?!?

I just don't much like that feature anymore.

For most of you, this will not change anything (though for a few of you, just be careful in what you say...you know who you are).

BUT, for my dad...

DAD: this means that you will want to reread things that you say before you hit "publish your comment" (the orange button on the bottom left). You'll want to maybe ask yourself the following questions:
1.) did I spell everything correctly?
2.) does what I wrote need to be explained in order for the world at large to find it humorous?
3.) have I said anything that will alienate another one of my children?
4.) am I sure I really want people to know I think this?
5.) am I about to embarrass the family?

Consider yourself warned, sweet papa.
Consider yourself warned.

6 comments:

BEARING WITNESS OF CHRIST said...

WOW!! You mean my comments will appear immediately now instead of having to wait hours or even days sometimes? (hehehe)

Thanks for the warning. I think every blog needs this kind of warning cause sometimes people say the craziest things and just don't really think about what they've said! Thanks for doing this for all of us little people. just thought it was something that important people needed to do!! (jk) Sure love you! :-D

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the power to say what I want! YOU should be warned. :) I suppose you can still delete my comments (albeit you've only done that once to me...at my request since I was heavily sedated...I don't recall you putting up much of a fight) but you can no longer REJECT my comments (which, again, you've only done once and it was because you needed to share a little more information with me to decipher your coded message.

GOOD LUCK, DAD!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's okay, most of us know what your father (my brother) means when he writes and speaks. I just consider the source that's all...........Oh, it's so delightful to poke fun at him and get a good dose of his medicine too.

And thanks Laurel for making life easier on us all.

rachel said...

Good choice, Laurel.
Now if I could get all my blogging friends to remove the word verification step... ;)

Anonymous said...

OK, now you have really over stepped your bounds. I am not concerned that you have finally thought about we "little" people, but to direct your after thoughts to your father is going a bit too far. If most of what you said is true, and it could be, it is not necessary to share this with the world. However, I do concede you saved my bacon more than once. Thanks.

Elaine said...

OK. I'm reading what Dad wrote and some of it I just don't understand. So...hopefully, we're safe? Fun family! Not dull--that's for sure.