datestampSaturday, May 24, 2008

"Anne's" 100 mile summer

Since "Anne" is the girl who's been trying to meet boys, "Anne" has some work to do (I always think it's obnoxious when people talk in third person, but, on the other hand, if they merely have a few personalities and just talk about one of them, that's not obnoxious...it's just mildly disturbing).

And, so Anne has some goals.
(and just so you have a little bit of context, my middle name is Ann but if you spell it AnnE, then that's kind of like "Anne of Green Gables" and I'm a sucker for Gilbert Blythe so in that context AnnE is my preferred middle or psuedo name. "Laurel Anne" takes the cake. But this isn't about Laurel. It's about Anne.)

One of the goals is to do a 5K every month this summer.
And to be ready enough that she can EASILY beat the 10 year old chubby kid crying to his Dad right behind her.
And she can run a 10K before the end of the year.

And so, she's going to run 100 miles this summer.
Which really shouldn't be a big deal.
But, Anne needs a number so she has a goal.
Anne needs like a paper chain of 100 parts that represent 100 miles so she can take them off one at a time.
Anne is visual.
Anne needs a marker.

SO, beginning June 1 (because no miles will count until then), Anne has to hit 100 miles of non-race mileage. It's her "100 mile summer", if will.
Amidst girls camps and trips to Scotland and secret get aways and her brother visiting and her Aunt Linda coming home from a mission and her parents staying for a while and Ryan Shupe & Richard Marx and Into the Woods and a few other secrets up her sleeve....
Yeah, amidst all that, Anne has to run 100 miles.

Let the runnning begin.
Who's with me?

7 comments:

Elaine said...

How about if I walk 100 miles. Does that count? Please! If so, I'm with you.

Anonymous said...

Does giving you my full support count as running with you? It's all I have to give right now, but go GIRL!!! You can do it!!!!

jamie said...

Oh I would love to join you. I love that idea. Next summer I'm in for sure!!! :) Good luck and please keep us updated. Maybe you should put a counter on the sidebar. ;) I'm so impressed. You may or may not have this, but if you don't, get it! the Nike + system that goes on your shoe and tracks your miles and time. It's priceless. Good luck!!!

Adam and Bri said...

Adam and I are running the Strawberry Days 5K in June. You should do it with us!

And you're very motivational Anne with an E. :)

Brooke said...

ME! i'm sooo in. and making my paper chain on monday. okay, tuesday.

Beth Blair said...

I'm with you... now that the move is done I need to get back to the gym and the dog and I need bonding time again 100 miles this summer! I'm ready, willing, and able.

DeAnn said...

Wahoo - what a woman!