datestampMonday, May 5, 2008

Okay, THIS is funny

So, something hard happened at work this morning.
Nothing I won't recover from, but hard nonetheless.

And so I was telling my friend (and NYTimes Best-selling author...he requires I mention that when saying his name), Jason, that I was putting in my application to Wal-Mart to be a greeter (don't you think I'd be a great greeter?!?). It's always been my back-up plan.

Jason sent me this: I love my friends.

14 comments:

Elaine said...

Please dont' quit your day job. Your current "uniform" is much more appealing:-). I love your friends also. Jason knows just what to say and do. Have a very delicious rest of the day!

BEARING WITNESS OF CHRIST said...

Keep your day job, no matter how hard it can be at times!! And tell that "Jason" person, whose name you seem to have to drop often (btw, does he pay you every time you do mention him?) (big grin!) that you would be tooooooo pretty to be a Walmart greeter, and much tooooo young!! I think you have to be at least 75 or something like that! (grin) But this was funny and made Kyle laugh too!!! He asked if you really were a Walmart greeter. He loves his Aunt Laurel and loves knowing all about your life and what you're doing!!

Beth Blair said...

Greeter? Been there, done that... wouldn't want to do it again... but it was a fun job.

Jason Wright said...

Glad you liked it!

But more than anything what I love about this photo is that Oreos are on sale 2 for $4. Because you work there could you get me a discount???

Elaine said...

Oreos??? Jason loves oreos? Now I know how to get his next book ahead of time.

DeAnn said...

Do you think you can get a discount on some hand-cream' cause honey your hands are lookin' way old!

Kenzie said...

Hahaha :D I love the picture! I guess I could see you as a greeter... but I know you love your job now, so stick with that chiquita. LOVE YOU!!! :)

Jason Wright said...

Elaine.

PO BOX 669
Woodstock, VA 22664

:-)

Mrs Andy said...

Can I have a sticker? And Jason should pay you for dropping his name. :)

Laurel said...

Oh, Jason did...rest assured, he did...

Nickerfluff@blogspot.com said...

HAHA!!!!! This is so funny! Your arms are too hairy Laurel(LOL)

NICK

rachel said...

oooooohhhh blue looks good on you!

Anonymous said...

I have to say you look pretty stinkin' cute in that picture. You're the hottest greeter I've ever seen at Walmart. And I don't see the hairy arms on the picture like Nick but I would think about some cream for your grandma hands. ;) And the watch isn't your style either. P.S. I'm loving the pin with the picture of hot guy. *wink wink*

jamie said...

impressive! But actually Laurel, I want to comment on your picture to the left of your posts. Hello Hottie!!! What a gorgeous picture. I love all the pictures on your new website. You are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!