datestampTuesday, January 11, 2011

Dear Abby (2):

You know something?
This might be working.

Last week? "The bribe".
This week? A challenge to read her scriptures just 5 minutes a day.

And I know it's only been a few days but I don't think there has been anything better this week than the texts:
"I read my scriptures for 10min and stopped myself from kissing one of the cutest boys!" That was last night. (I admit I laughed out loud. Don't tell her that.)

When I checked in with her tonight, she asked for a suggested chapter to read. I gave her my favorite. Then a bit later a "I read for 10 mins."

And the best part? She said she feels good..."REALLY good".

I told her I'm working out hard because SHE'S trying so hard.
We're in this together she and I.
I told her she's inspiring me.
That I can't believe how strong she is.
That I'm praying for her.

You know, Abby Dear?
I feel like I'd do anything for this girl.
I really really do.

Is that weird?
I mean she's not mine.
...not technically.

I just so want a happy life for her.
I so want that.
And I sense how close she could be to having it.

So pray for her with me, will you?

xoxo,
-Not technically her mom, but, you know

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

With God nothing is impossible...........A friend, a bribe and a prayer(s) helps too. She's covered.

Aunt Linda